Khalid (he/him/his) is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. Khalid is an innovative commercial real estate attorney who delivers creative solutions to complex issues. Khalid is experienced in complex real property transactions and has prepared numerous commercial real estate contracts and lease agreements. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including negotiating and structuring commercial transactions involving purchases and sales, commercial leasing and any related agreements. In addition to commercial real estate, Khalid advises various private corporations (including start-ups) on share and asset acquisitions and dispositions, financing and corporate structuring. With an entrepreneurial mindset, Khalid has a first-hand understanding of the issues facing his clients.
Prior to joining Winstead, Khalid worked in private practice at a Canadian business law firm and in-house at a Schedule I Bank.
- COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE:
- Represented a long-term care home operator in connection with a refinancing for its existing portfolio of homes.
- Represented a construction developer in connection with a land assembly purchase. Involved in reviewing title and off-title searches, rezoning advice and preparing subscription agreements for equity raise via share subscription.
- Assisted a private real estate asset management fund with the acquisition of numerous multi-residential properties, including advising, coordinating and structuring first and second mortgage financing.
- SECURED & CORPORATE FINANCE:
- Assisted a private real estate investment fund with arranging a credit line from a Schedule I Bank for commercial mortgage lending.
- Represented a major developer in connection with a multi-million-dollar deposit insurance facility and construction loan from two different investment funds.