Our Strategy: Prepare, Prevent and Protect
Whether bulletproofing clients against discrimination claims, defeating harassment litigation at summary judgment or drafting and enforcing strategic employment agreements, Winstead attorneys know that the best workplace disputes are those that never occur.
Conflict prevention is a major component of Winstead’s multiple strength Labor & Employment Practice Group.
Minimizing risks when disputes do arise, ensuring regulatory compliance and improving clients’ competitive opportunities are our other concerns.
We advocate before administrative law judges and government agencies. Intervene at the earliest stages of litigation. Persuade juries at trial. Counsel and train clients in claim avoidance. Prevail in union negotiations at arbitration.
In discrimination actions and collective wage and hour claims nationwide, we regularly advance protective and decisive resolutions.
Industry strengths include manufacturing, transportation, construction, national retail, healthcare and technology, and our clients range from Fortune 500 to mid-sized companies. Legal departments and HR professionals rely on our 24/7 accessibility, deep experience and ability to not prolong disputes and complicate issues.
Winstead attorneys advise clients on all aspects of employee-employer relationships including:
- Affirmative Action Plans and Compliance
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals
- Collective Bargaining
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Disparate Treatment and Disparate Impact Claims
- Employment Agreements and Contracts
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Nonsubscriber Defense
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- OSHA Citations
- SEC 6 Sarbanes Oxley Whistleblower Retaliation
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Title VII
- Unfair Labor Practices
- U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Wage-Hour Issues and Disputes
- Workers Compensation Retaliation
Winstead’s immigration attorneys are solely focused in the highly specialized area involving visas for skilled workers employed by corporations and organizations.
Working closely with our traditional labor and employment attorneys, Winstead ensures seamless and consistent advice for attracting, hiring, retaining and terminating foreign national employees.
Winstead’s involvement does not end once the visa is obtained. We keep track of key dates and deadlines to ensure foreign nationals remain in lawful status throughout their employment in the United States. Our sophisticated case tracking allows clients to receive updates on every case at any time.
Immigration counsel includes:
- US Consuls
- Employer Compliance
- Foreign Investors
- Immigration and Customs
- Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa Petitions
Snapshot of Labor, Employment and Immigration Strengths
Clients who are seeking the most aggressive and responsive labor and employment counsel call Winstead in the following areas:
- Counseling and Preventative Law/Training
- Workplace Investigations
- Discrimination and Leave Issues
- Employment Litigation
- Traditional Labor
- Executive Compensation
- Noncompetition and Trade Secrets Litigation
- Employment Privacy
- OSHA and Workplace Disasters
- Nonsubscription to Workers’ Compensation
- Wage and Hour Litigation
Regardless of the employment issues facing your business, we have the experience, efficient team approach and proven track record to help you confront and move beyond any employment issues and risks faced by your organization. Clients invite us into their inner circles, trust our guidance, and many of them have considered us their go-to employment counsel for decades. When you’re ready for the next tier of labor and employment counsel, contact Winstead.