Kathryn Blackney Oakes
Kathryn Oakes focuses her practice on commercial banking and real estate finance on behalf of financial institutions. She represents lenders and administrative agents in connection with the planning, negotiation, and documentation of syndicated credit facilities, real estate secured loans, equipment loans, and commercial and industrial credit facilities. She has extensive experience with financing the acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate projects, including mixed-use, multifamily, office, retail, industrial, parking, and lot development projects. In addition, she deals with distressed loans through loan sale transactions, loan workouts, and foreclosures of distressed real estate. Kathryn works closely with banks of all sizes to efficiently close loans of all sizes and complexities, from $2 million to in excess of $100 million.
- Ongoing representation of several national and regional banks in connection with secured financing of commercial properties (mixed-use, multifamily, office, retail, industrial, parking) across the U.S.
- Represented administrative agents on multiple syndicated credit facilities in connection with secured financing of telecommunications and solar assets across the U.S.
- Ongoing representation of administrative agent on multiple syndicated credit facilities for acquisition financing of self-storage facilities across the U.S.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with working capital facilities for manufacturing and production companies
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with construction loans for multi-family projects in Texas, California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and Florida
- Represented institutional lender in connection with senior construction financing of mixed-use project located in Dallas, Texas with mezzanine financing
- Represented institutional lender in connection with construction financing of multi-family project in San Antonio, Texas under a ground-lease with mezzanine financing
- Represented senior mortgage lender in connection with redevelopment financing of office into a luxury hotel with condominium regime and federal and state historic tax credits in Dallas, Texas
- Represented institutional lender in connection with construction financing of retail project with pad sites in Brentwood, California
- Represented bank in connection with construction financing of bank’s new office headquarters in Houston, Texas
- Represented institutional lender on workout of distressed assets after bank merger