J. Richard White
Dick White is a member of Winstead's real estate lending and finance and banking practices and has served in numerous management roles (e.g., Management Committee and Chairman of the Recruiting Committee) for Winstead. In addition to being highly regarded for his innovative and creative approach to deal making, Dick is recognized for his handling of legally complex and sophisticated transactions. Despite his prolific writing and speaking accomplishments, he is practical and accomplished at "closing the deal."
- Finance: Representation of regulated and nonregulated lenders, investors, developers and users in all forms of traditional finance transactions, including development, construction and permanent financing, mezzanine financing, mortgage warehouse financing, homebuilder lines of credit, tax-exempt bond financing, credit enhancement financing and borrowing base financing
- Structured Finance: Representation of lenders, investors, owners and users in connection with all forms of structured financial transactions, including credit tenant lease and net bondable lease transactions, synthetic lease financing, conduit loan financing and the securitization of properties and loan portfolios in the capital markets (private and public), and use of special financing techniques such as credit enhancement and residual value insurance
- Leasing: Representation of parties in sale-leaseback transactions, commercial and retail tenant leases, synthetic leases and ground leases
- Development and Equity Ownership: Representation of developers and owners for virtually all types of properties, including land assemblage, large tract infrastructure development, subdivision development, resort and hotel properties, office buildings, shopping centers, apartments and warehouse and industrial properties, and including all phases of the development process from land acquisition, development and construction to leasing and disposition of such properties
- Special: Representation of creditors and debtors in workout/reorganization matters, the representation of REITs and work with REMICs and other tax-advantaged structures