Shareholder; Co-Chair, P3, Infrastructure & Project Finance Industry Group
Jeff Nydegger represents both public and private sector clients in virtually all types of public finance and project finance transactions. With a focus on public-private partnerships (P3s), Jeff’s scope of representation covers all stages of the transaction – procurement and selection, negotiation predevelopment agreements, and execution of financing and construction agreements, as well as post-closing administration. Jeff’s broad expertise in public sector financing, real estate and construction matters in the P3 context enables him to guide his clients’ strategies and to obtain quality, long-term results. Jeff’s resume includes a broad range of project types including higher education sports facilities, courthouse projects and municipal facilities, mixed-use P3 developments, research parks, convention centers and hotels, student housing, utility infrastructure, and major industrial development projects.
Jeff co-founded Winstead’s P3 industry group in 2016, and currently chairs ULI-Austin’s P3 local member council. Since 2016, Jeff has served as a board member and general counsel for the Greater San Marcos Partnership. Jeff has also served on the Austin regional board of directors of KIPP Texas (formerly KIPP Austin Public Schools) since 2015.
- Counsel to Texas A&M University in connection with the multi-phase redevelopment of Cain Hall, including ground leased development of 230-room hotel, conference center, 1,400 space parking garage and student services building
- Ongoing representation as investor's counsel to a private investment firm for the purchase of multiple high-yield tax-exempt securities of varying sizes and collateral types
- Regularly serves as underwriter's counsel to various clients in connection with the issuance of state agency transportation revenue bonds
- Underwriter's counsel to a national investment bank for the combined issuance of over $380 million in tax-exempt private activity bonds for the financing of private biofuel production facilities
- Underwriter's counsel to various investment banks in connection with the issuance of privatized military housing corporate revenue bonds