With his finger on the pulse of the commercial real estate market, George Craft provides his clients with an elevated level of industry insight and understanding. George began his career as a commercial real estate lender for a national financial institution, putting that invaluable knowledge and experience to work as he embarked on his legal career with a focus on commercial real estate and real estate finance transactions.
His concentration on this specific area of practice has led George to become known as one of the preeminent real estate attorneys in greater Houston and across the county, handling more than $3 billion in transactions over the past four years alone. Known as a responsive, deal-oriented attorney, George regularly works with developers, investors and institutional lenders on a wide variety of sophisticated commercial real estate transactions.
George's real estate finance practice includes the representation of institutional lenders in connection with debt and equity structured financing, including construction, mezzanine, and permanent loans, as well as representation of borrowers and lenders in workouts of distressed assets, including debt restructuring and non-judicial foreclosures.
He also provides counsel to purchasers and sellers in the acquisition of unimproved and income producing commercial real estate, as well as developers in all stages of the development cycle for numerous asset classes, including multi-family, office, retail, industrial and age-restricted living projects.
Additionally, he represents sponsors and investors in the structuring and formation of all types of real estate entities, including joint ventures.
As the Managing Shareholder of our Houston office, George is dedicated to preserving and cultivating the culture of our firm and the family feel we have always worked towards. He is also focused on strategic areas of expansion within the Houston market to complement our attorneys and the needs of our clients.
- Representation of state and national banks in connection with construction financing for over 1,500,000 square feet of Class A office space in Houston’s Energy Corridor
- Representation of seller in the disposition of a 150-unit multi-family complex in downtown Houston, Texas
- Representation of Sole Administrative Agent and Sole Syndication Agent in connection with construction financing for a 600,000 square foot Class A office tower in downtown Denver, Colorado
- Representation of developer in connection with the financing and all aspects of development of multiple senior living multi-family complexes throughout the greater Houston, Texas area
- Representation of Lender in connection with redevelopment and tax credit financing for a building designated as a Texas historic landmark in downtown Houston, Texas