George Craft, Jr.
George Craft is a shareholder in Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments and Finance & Lending practice groups. George has been recognized by “Best Lawyers In America” in the area of real estate law every year since 2018, during which time he has represented his clients in connection with over $2.5 billion dollars in commercial real estate transactions. Prior to practicing law, George was a commercial real estate lender with a national bank.
- Finance: Representation of borrowers and institutional lenders in connection with debt and equity structured financing, including construction, mezzanine and permanent loans, as well as representation of borrowers and lenders in workouts of distressed assets, including debt restructuring and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Acquisition/Development Transactions: Representation of purchasers and sellers in the acquisition, development and construction of unimproved and income producing commercial real estate. Representation of developers in all stages of the development cycle for numerous asset classes, including multi-family, office, retail, industrial and age-restricted living projects.
- Equity Transactions: Representation of sponsors and investors in the structuring and formation of all types of real estate entities, including joint ventures.
Specific Transactions – Real Estate Finance
- Representation of state and national banks in connection with construction financing for over 1,500,000 square feet of Class A office space in Houston’s Energy Corridor
- Representation of seller in the disposition of a 150-unit multi-family complex in downtown Houston, Texas
- Representation of Sole Administrative Agent and Sole Syndication Agent in connection with construction financing for a 600,000 square foot Class A office tower in downtown Denver, Colorado
- Representation of developer in connection with the financing and all aspects of development of multiple senior living multi-family complexes throughout the greater Houston, Texas area
- Representation of Lender in connection with redevelopment and tax credit financing for a building designated as a Texas historic landmark in downtown Houston, Texas