Charles Jacaman is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. His practice encompasses all facets of commercial real estate transactions and commercial real estate finance transactions.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Represents purchasers and sellers in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of commercial properties, including office, retail, multifamily projects, and warehouse and industrial facilities.
- Finance: Represents lenders and borrowers in connection with (i) commercial real estate loans (with added experience in the representation of numerous mortgage loan originators and loan servicers in securitized lending programs), including land acquisition loans, portfolio loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans, and bridge loans; and (ii) loan assumptions, modifications and extensions, loan settlement agreements, forbearance agreements, foreclosures and deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements.
- Leasing: Represents landlords and tenants in connection with office, retail and industrial leasing.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with a $1 Billion joint venture acquisition of 58 multifamily properties located throughout the United States and the assumption of 9 debt facilities.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with the joint venture acquisition of 9 properties located in the State of Washington and the assumption of first lien, second lien and mezzanine debt facilities totaling $176,000,000.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with a $103,000,000 portfolio loan secured by 8 multifamily properties located in Texas, Florida and Arizona.
- Represented a global finance company in connection with 3 cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted loans totaling $110,000,000 secured by office buildings in California.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with a $105,000,000 portfolio loan (with 3 tranches of debt) secured by 5 office, multifamily and retail properties located in Oregon, California, Texas and Georgia.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with a $99,400,000 first lien mortgage loan and a $15,000,000 mezzanine loan secured by 30 office/industrial properties located in Colorado.
- Represented an investment advisor in connection with the joint venture acquisition of 5 multi-level parking garages and 1 hotel property located in Minnesota and placement of a $45,000,000 A Note and $19,100,000 B Note.
- Represented a global finance company in connection with a $60,500,000 fixed and floating rate loan secured by an office building in Texas.
- Represented a national commercial mortgage lender in connection with a $51,500,000 floating rate loan secured by an office building located in California.
- Represented a national commercial mortgage lender in connection with a $26,500,000 condominium conversion floating rate loan secured by a residential building located in California.
- Represented a global real estate company in connection with the $26,500,000 sale of an office building located in Massachusetts.
- Represented a global real estate company in connection with the sale of numerous shopping centers, office buildings and multifamily projects located in all regions of the United States.
- Represented a major investment bank in connection with the sale of under-performing and defaulted commercial mortgage loans.
- Represented loan servicers and lenders on a national basis in connection with loan assumptions, modifications and work-outs.
- Represented special servicers in connection with the modification of underperforming commercial mortgage loans and the foreclosure of defaulted commercial mortgage loans in Texas. Asset types include hotels, shopping centers and multifamily projects.