Managing Shareholder - Charlotte
Brian Short is a shareholder in Winstead's Real Estate Finance Practice Group and has been practicing real estate law since 1998. His practice involves a variety of commercial real estate transactions with extensive experience in real estate finance. Brian has been a part of a team that has closed in excess of 2,000 securitized real estate loans.
- Securitized Lending: Representation of national CMBS and other fixed-income lenders on financing transactions generally ranging from $2,000,000 to $130,000,000, and typically involving many sophisticated issues surrounding the capital markets industry, including cash management arrangements, ground leases, interim and mezzanine financing, defeasance, syndicate tenant-in-common arrangements and cross-collateralized/cross-defaulted, A/B Note and portfolio loan structures
- Servicing: Representation of national insurance companies, fixed-income lenders and third party servicers on servicing matters including consents, assumptions, partial releases, transfer of servicing, workouts, forbearance arrangements, foreclosures and related litigation
- Loan Acquisitions: Representation of clients in acquisition of performing CMBS and portfolio loans and distressed debt secured by commercial and multifamily real estate assets
- Construction Lending: Representation of national and regional lenders on construction loan transactions
- Acquisition and Disposition: Representation of clients in the sale and purchase of commercial real estate including restaurants, multifamily projects and raw land
- Distressed Assets: Representation of (i) national and local investors in acquisition of REO properties and performing and non-performing loans, including loans with syndicated tenant in common ownership and subsequent loan modifications, workouts and foreclosures; and (ii) borrowers in negotiation of a workout with lenders on underperforming assets