Barry Putterman's experience covers all aspects of buying, selling, developing, leasing and financing real property. While committed to maintaining high technical skills, Barry understands the practical side of a transaction and utilizes a business approach to creatively overcome problems. Barry is known for his thorough analysis of challenging real estate problems. His experience and financial background permit Barry to quickly recognize issues and to organize and implement a plan to meet the client's objectives.
- Real Estate Development: Representation of real estate owners and developers in assembling land for single-family and multi-use projects, identifying and resolving title issues, supervising the platting and subdivision process, and preparing and negotiating restrictive covenants, easements, utility reimbursement agreements, and development agreements
- Real Estate Contracts: Representation of buyers and sellers on purchase and sale agreements on land, multifamily, retail, hospitality and industrial projects
- Real Estate Leasing: Negotiation and documentation of retail, office and industrial leases, including ground leases and subleases, and recognition and attornment agreements for both leases and subleases
- Real Estate Financing: Representation of borrowers and lenders on construction, mezzanine and permanent loans, as well as defeasances of conduit loans
- Specialized Transactions: Negotiation and documentation of defeasances
- Represented the seller of a portfolio of seven hotels located in Texas and three other states for an aggregate sales price in excess of $110 million.
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, development and leasing of a fifty acre tract for a mixed use project aggregating over 300,000 square feet with a hotel, a Costco, a Garden Ridge and other retailers, with bank financing and governmental economic incentives.
- Represented developers of multi-family projects in the Houston area on the acquisition and development of units valued at over $1 billion.
- Represented the seller of a 425,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center.
- Represented a financial institution in its expansion by acquiring or leasing seven banking locations in the Greater Houston area.
- Represented a life insurance company on the tri-party agreements with a hotel franchisor and property manager in conjunction with a $78 million loan secured by two full service hotels.
- Represented a multi-family developer on an assemblage of more than five tracts from different owners, while resolving access issues, land use restrictions and third party occupancy rights.
- Assisted a manufacturing client in the purchase at foreclosure of a facility and the simultaneous acquisition from the debtor of its business.
- Acted as local Texas counsel for a foreign company in connection with an international loan transaction from a consortium of institutional lenders.