Zak Chauhan is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. He counsels owners, developers, and investors in the acquisition/disposition, development and financing of commercial real estate. In addition, Zak has experience in commercial leasing transactions, lender representation, planned community developments, and preparing development agreements and condominium documents. He combines a substantial knowledge of local real estate markets and financial acumen to provide his clients with business-minded solutions and representation.
- Represented a national developer in the acquisition of 25 locations throughout the United States to be developed as quick service restaurants, fast casual food dining concepts.
- Represented a multi-family developer in the sale of an operating apartment community for over $100 million.
- Represented a regional developer in the acquisition and development of approximately 51 acres of vacant land valued at $18 million.
- Represented an owner in the sale of a $3 million office building in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Represented a national lender in connection with an $84 million syndicated condominium construction loan for a new development in Lee County, Florida.
- Represented a life insurance company lender in connection with term loan financing of $50 million for two operating shopping centers.
- Represented a non-profit organization in the negotiation of 30 year ground lease with a total rental value of approximately $8 million.
- Negotiated a submerged land leases with the Florida Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund.