As one of the more experienced and active tax practitioners in the Dallas legal community, Tom has represented a broad range of clients in a wide variety of areas of the tax law. He has been very active professionally, giving speeches and writing articles on a broad array of topics reflecting his practice. Due to the breadth of his experience and aptitudes for client service, Tom also serves as outside general counsel for several major clients.
Tom has served in numerous leadership and management roles at Winstead since the commencement of his career in 1977. He has served as a member of Winstead's Board of Directors and as the firm's chief operating officer and Dallas managing shareholder, as well as Chair of the Business & Transactions Department.
- Bankruptcy Reorganizations and Restructurings
- Corporate Organizations, Reorganizations, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Emerging Businesses
- Executive Compensation
- Formation and Operation of Private Investment and Real Estate Funds
- Partnership and Limited Liability Company Formations, Transactions and Roll-ups
- Real Estate Investment Trusts, REMICs and Asset Securitizations
- Real Estate Planning
- State Tax Planning
- Tax Controversies