Matt Dzura is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. His practice involves advising clients in a wide variety of complex real estate transactions, including joint venture formations, financings, and the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets located throughout the United States. In addition, Matt has experience in multistate portfolio transactions, preferred equity financings, mixed-use condominiums, leasing, and negotiating development agreements, management agreements, and franchise agreements.
- Represented a multifamily developer in the acquisition, of a fully-permitted and entitled "shovel ready" development project, the formation of a joint venture, and obtaining borrower-side financing in connection with the development of the approximately $114 million, 248 Unit mixed-use development project with approximately 10,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Represented a multifamily developer in the acquisition of a lessee's interest in a ground lease of raw land located in Georgia, the formation of a joint venture with the land seller, and obtaining borrower-side financing with respect to the development of an approximately $72 million, 221 Unit Apartment Community.
- Represented a multifamily developer in the sale of a fractured condominium being operated as an apartment community and the transfer of declarant rights for over $35 million.
- Assisted in the representation of a private-equity debt fund (as the lender) in connection with the provision of construction financings and mezzanine financings in excess of $100 million. Also assisted in the representation of the private-equity debt fund (as borrower) in collateralizing the foregoing financings with stretch-senior lenders.
- Represented a student housing development company with its acquisition, development, joint venture formation, debt financing, preferred equity financing, and disposition of multiple properties throughout the United States.
- Represented borrowers in numerous construction and term loan financings in excess of $200 million.
- Assisted in the representation of borrowers and lenders in numerous construction and term loan financings in excess of $500 million.
- Assisted in representation of a private equity fund in connection with the formation of a programmatic joint venture with a national hospitality group, and represented the joint venture in the acquisition, development, franchising, financing, and sale of hotel properties.
- Assisted in representation of a private REIT in the sale of a national multifamily portfolio consisting of over 10,000 units across 12 states for over $2 billion.
- Assisted in representation of a multinational energy corporation in the sale of its state-wide refining, distribution, and retail assets, including a 58,000 barrel-per-day refinery, multiple product distribution terminals, pipeline distribution systems, and a network of 58 service stations.