Jessica Straley is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. She has experience representing investment funds and other corporate clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including single property and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, real estate financings/re-financings, and sales of distressed debt. Jessica has also advised numerous clients on the real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented a foreign investor in acquisition of a controlling interest in the New Jersey Nets and minority interest in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented a global car manufacturer in the international real estate aspects of the sale of one of its major brands.
- Represented a creditor in the international real estate aspects of a bankruptcy settlement of a prolific national company.
- Represented a quasi-governmental entity on the development of a joint venture with a major New York real estate developer and procurement of a credit facility indirectly secured by its multifamily portfolio.
- Represented a foreign investor on the development and implementation of a platform with a domestic property manager for acquisition, development and management of domestic real estate.
- Represented a New York investor in acquisition, disposition and financing transactions for New York City real estate.
- Pro Bono: Represented a local church in acquisition of condominium unit; represented a local dance company in preparing form license agreement.