Allen Moon is a member of Winstead's Intellectual Property Practice Group. His practice focuses on patent prosecution and litigation. He specializes in mechanical technologies, with experience in aerospace, oil field tools and systems, medical therapy devices, optical systems for medical diagnostics and lighting devices, heating and cooling systems, geothermal power generation and storage, irrigation systems, erosion control devices and methods. In addition to mechanical technologies, he has experience with life sciences and the electrical arts.
Prior to joining Winstead, Allen was a patent agent at a Dallas law firm.
- Preparation of inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Office.
- Representation of patent owners in an ex parte reexamination proceedings before the Patent Office.
- Preparation of infringement and invalidity analyses.
- Experienced with U.S. patent prosecution, including preparation of utility and design patent applications, preparation of office action responses, and other general prosecution matters before the Patent Office.
- Advising clients in matters relating to intellectual property disputes, including preparation of infringement and invalidity analyses.
- On the trial team that represented the defendant in a patent infringement suit involving online-configuration software; after full trial, the jury found the Plaintiff’s patent invalid and that Plaintiff had misappropriated defendant’s trade secrets.
- Represented plaintiff in a patent infringement suit relating to a proprietary pump design; case settled very favorably for plaintiff.