Managing Shareholder - Austin; Member of Board of Directors
Stewart Whitehead has been a member of Winstead's litigation practice since 1997. Stewart has successfully served as lead counsel in construction trials and arbitrations in Texas and beyond. Stewart has obtained multi-million dollar trial and arbitration verdicts and has negotiated multi-million dollar settlements in favor of his clients. Stewart’s experience includes representing clients in projects such as commercial and residential construction and development, transportation and drainage, governmental buildings and developments, public works projects, industrial and warehouse facilities, hospitals and health care facilities, schools, multi-family housing, surety claims and defense, environmental remediation projects, and employee injury investigations.
In addition to assisting clients in construction-related matters, Stewart:
- Prosecutes and defends various commercial and real estate-related disputes including breach of contract, fraud, theft of trade secrets and deceptive trade practices.
- Assists clients in administrative, regulatory and tax disputes adverse to the Texas Comptroller and the Texas Attorney General.
- Represents owners, developers, and general contractors in all aspects of construction litigation
- Represents clients in various aspects of real estate litigation, including sales disputes and lease disputes
- Represents clients in tax disputes and investigative proceedings initiated by the government
- Defends publicly-traded and privately-held companies in consumer litigation in cases ranging from sophisticated technology disputes to basic breach of contract claims