Sarah Landiak is a member of Winstead’s Public Finance practice group, where she focuses primarily on special districts and public law.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of development district law, including district creation and confirmation; financing and construction of district utility, roadway, and other facilities; and reimbursement of developers
- Guides developers through creation of special districts, including municipal management districts, municipal utility districts, fresh water supply districts, and water control and improvement districts, whether through state legislative action, before a county commissioners court, or via the TCEQ
- Works alongside developers, special districts, municipalities, and counties in negotiating multi-party development agreements, retail service agreements, and wholesale service agreements
- Counsels special districts regarding contractual and statutory requirements and provides support to special districts during their daily operations, including interactions with residents, developers, and municipalities; elections processes and requirements; acquisition of and reimbursement for property and improvements; and creation and implementation of district policy
- Works alongside developers and municipalities for creation and maintenance of public improvement districts