Mike's practice concentrates on bankruptcy, reorganization and business planning, including representation of business debtors, as well as creditors committees, trustees, individual creditors and selling and purchasing assets and companies, both in and out of the bankruptcy process, including intellectual property, real estate, health care, and technology transactions, and advising small to medium size business clients with all aspects of restructure issues.
- Represented health care company and 14 subsidiaries in successful reorganization with confirmed plan in Texas.
- Represented large home health care company in connection with corporate and asset acquisitions in NCFE and MedShares Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented insurance carriers and claimants in various directors and officers litigation arising out of bankruptcy cases in Texas, Delaware and Illinois.
- Currently defends and represents a large, multi-national energy company as creditor, committee member and defendant in significant number of energy-related bankruptcy cases and associated litigation.
- Represented numerous developer entities and individuals in large reorganization/restructures of projects, including all classes of debt and substantive restructures.
- Past and ongoing representation of local, national and multinational technology, telephone and internet related businesses in connection with litigation, bankruptcy issues and general corporate matters.
- Previous and ongoing representation of large to medium-size trucking-transportation businesses in out-of-court resolutions and various bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented large, privately held aircraft ownership and leasing operations in connection with all aspects of significant airline bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented large number of restaurant operations and food suppliers in bankruptcy cases, restructures, workouts and debt reconciliations.
- Represented various parties, claimants and plaintiffs in business-related, commercial and contractual litigation and represented an assortment of parties in significant mediation proceedings.
- Representing Chapter 7 Trustee in complex litigation and obtaining judgment for estate against Debtor and Trustee of spendthrift trust.
- Whyte v. Williams, 152 B.R. (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 1992)
- Stewart Title Guaranty Company v. Old Republic National Title Ins. Co., 83 F.3d 735 (5th Cir. 1996)
- Cardwell v. Gurley, 487 Fed. App. 183; 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 18522
- Ron Ingalls, Trustee v. Tommy Thompson, 588 5.3d 254 (5th Cir. 2009)
- In re Bradley, 371 B.R. 782 (Bankr. W.D. Tex. 2007)
- Gary Bradley v. Ron Ingalls, Trustee, 501 F.3d 421 (5th Cir. 2007)