Matt Joeckel is a member of Winstead’s Business Litigation Practice Group. Matt has experience in a range of civil and commercial matters in state and federal courts, including industry experience in real estate, construction, technology, and financial services.
As a former athlete, Matt enjoys the competitive environment in which litigation provides. Matt takes pride in advocating for the most favorable result for his client.
- Experience handling cases for both plaintiffs and defendants from start to finish, including the participation in multiple bench and jury trials
- Representation of landlords and tenants in landlord-tenant litigation relating to commercial lease disputes
- Representation of Seller in contract dispute relating to the sale of a multi-family property
- Representation of commercial property owner in litigation relating to land use matters with the City and the adjacent property owner
- Representation of Plaintiffs and Defendants in construction defect matters
- Representation of lender against lender liability claims, including claims for fraud, breach of contract, and participatory actions with other Defendants
- Representation of multi-family real estate company against claims brought by co-owner of a multi-family asset
- Representation of Plaintiffs and Defendants in litigation relating to the fraudulent transfer of assets by debtors
- Representation of co-operative in fiduciary litigation against ex-employee
- Representation of company in fraud and DTPA claims against mobile application developer
- Representation of equipment services corporation in defending against Defendant’s Anti-SLAPP motion