Kasey Ratliff is a business litigation attorney whose practice focuses on real estate litigation, eminent domain and condemnation, property tax and land use matters. Kasey frequently represents property owners, developers, and lenders in lawsuits before federal and state courts related to disputes involving office, retail, industrial, healthcare and multi-family asset classes. Kasey has also represented local government corporations and EB-5 Regional Centers in litigation pertaining to redevelopment projects.
Kasey’s clients also include corporations, partnerships, directors, officers and individuals in complex business litigation matters, including business divorce, trade secret, investor lawsuits, shareholder/partner disputes and fiduciary duty claims.
Real Estate Litigation
- Representation of PRP Group and Receiver in property tax litigation resulting in significant multi-year reduction of property tax liability for contaminated industrial Superfund sites.
- Representation of trustees of REIT in lawsuit involving fraud claims related to contemplated development projects.
- Representation of local government corporation in lawsuit involving dispute over development fees for downtown redevelopment project.
- Representation of landowners, including international chain of convenience stores, international restaurant chain, North American construction materials company, and national transportation services company in lawsuits involving acquisition of private property through eminent domain for highway expansion, pipeline, and electric transmission lines.
- Representation of office developer in investor lawsuit brought by limited partner involving breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation claims.
- Representation of commercial real estate firm in lawsuits pertaining to ad valorem tax appeals of multiple Class A and A+ office buildings resulting in approximately $20MM in reduction of taxable value of office building portfolio.
- Representation of landowners in contested land use matters before City Councils and Planning & Zoning Commissions.
- Representation of lenders in defense of lender liability claims, including fraud and wrongful foreclosure.
- Representation of Plaintiffs and Defendants in landlord-tenant litigation pertaining to various commercial lease disputes.
- Representation of private oil and gas exploration and production company and operating partner in lawsuit pertaining to dispute over seismic data.
- Representation of private healthcare company in lawsuit related to dispute over alleged breach of various services agreements arising out of sale of portfolio of multiple skilled nursing operation facilities.
- Representation of technology solutions and professional services firm in lawsuit related to dispute over commissions awarded through state government contract project.
- Representation of oilfield service company in lawsuit with distributor pertaining to dispute over oilfield equipment.
- Representation of private exploration and production company in lawsuit pertaining to dispute over sale of oil and gas mineral lease interests.
- Representation of national consumer reporting agency in defense of claims brought under the FCRA, including class action litigation pertaining to public record information.
- Representation of financial institution in fiduciary litigation brought by trust beneficiaries.
- Representation of stock transfer agent in securities litigation.
- Tried nine criminal cases to jury verdict on behalf of the State of Texas while participating in Dallas County’s “Lawyer on Loan” program.