Cory Johnson is a member of Winstead’s Business Litigation Practice Group. He focuses on litigating complex matters requiring thorough analysis, preparation of corporate and expert witness, and effective presentation of complex issues in court, arbitrations and mediations.
Cory has successfully represented financial institutions, oil and gas, investment management companies, e-retailers, medical services, and pharmaceutical companies in both federal and state courts, as well as AAA and FINRA arbitrations.
- Represented mortgage backed securities creditor in multi-billion dollar litigation concerning FDIC receivership.
- Represented investment management companies against international bank concerning allegations of fraudulent transfers and breach of complex derivative agreements.
- Represented investment management companies suing international bank for excessive finance fees following wind-down of interest rate swap portfolio, recovering +8.6MM in cash collateral.
- Represented bank against FDIC’s litigation to enjoin bank from engaging in derivative securities investments.
- Obtained favorable settlement for commercial real estate investment company and broker in breach of non-disclosure agreement and commission contract action against purchaser and sellers in a $130MM real estate transaction.
- Represented one of North Texas’s largest commercial real estate companies in multiple landlord tenant disputes.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of oil and gas company against accountant for alleged breach of multi-million dollar service contract.
- Represented oil and gas company in arbitration case concerning scope of multi-million dollar environmental indemnity provision.
- Recovered stolen laptop from former oil and gas company employee containing highly sensitive trade secrets following TRO proceeding.
- Obtained full return of funds owed to pro bono client defrauded by private car dealership.