Cody Schneider is dedicated to representing his clients in construction-related disputes in the commercial real estate, public works, and energy industries. He has successfully represented clients on both the plaintiff and defense side in construction disputes involving multimillion-dollar claims, bringing a detail-oriented approach to complex matters.
Cody regularly represents owners, developers, contractors, suppliers, and governmental entities in a broad range of matters in prelitigation disputes, arbitrations, and lawsuits in both state and federal courts. Specifically, Cody has represented clients in disputes involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, construction defects, fraud, negligence, differing site conditions, pass through claims, change order claims, extra time and money, delays, loss of productivity, liquidated damages, fund trapping and retainage, as well as lien and bond claims.
Additionally, Cody has transactional experience involving pre-construction contract negotiations, crane swing easements, as well as amendments to agreements following commencement of construction and post-construction, including drafting provisions involving warranties, bonds, indemnifications, and releases among others.
- Obtained a trial judgement that ranked among the Top 50 Bench Awards in the United States for a construction equipment supplier based on breach of contract, fraud, and alter ego/corporate veil piercing claims.
- Successfully resolved a construction defect action for an owner/operator against a former property owner and its contractors for improper installation of concrete paving and deficient subgrade treatment for a commercial parking lot.
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment for a prime contractor on two public highway construction projects against a subcontractor’s claims for breach of contract, wrongful termination, tortious interference of a prospective business relationship, quantum meruit, unjust enrichment, and exemplary damages.
- Defended a prime contractor in connection with a complex construction defect case involving a water treatment plant in Texas.
- Represented an offshore oil and gas jack-up rig designer in a complex international construction arbitration to obtain multimillion-dollar award for the client.
- Both prosecuted and defended claims for a mining contractor in connection with operations on a lignite mine and coal power plant in Texas.
- Defended numerous owners against mechanic’s and materialmen’s lien claims as well as represented many contractors in pursuing high-dollar lien and bond claims.
- Negotiated numerous beneficial prelitigation and pretrial resolutions for clients to avoid protracted litigation.