Stephen Mack is a member of Winstead’s Public & Regulatory Law and Environmental Law Practice Groups. Stephen advises clients on electric and natural gas regulation, utility ratemaking, utility agreements and other energy related matters.
Prior to joining Winstead, Stephen served as a managing attorney for the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) where he managed several high profile cases and projects with the PUCT and managed a team of attorneys involved in all aspects of regulation before the PUCT including base rate cases, change of control proceedings, rate case expense proceedings, transmission cost recovery factor proceedings, energy efficiency cost recovery factor proceedings, fuel reconciliation proceedings, fuel refund and surcharge proceedings, sale/transfer/merger proceedings, certificates of convenience and necessity proceedings, true-up proceedings and various other regulatory proceedings.
Stephen has also represented clients before city councils, the PUCT, the Texas Railroad Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and a variety of Texas courts.
- Managed the legal team representing PUCT Staff in the three of the largest change of control proceedings before the PUCT
- Managed the legal team representing PUCT Staff in multiple transmission utility, transmission and distribution utility, and vertically integrated electric utility base rate proceedings before the PUCT
- Managed the legal team representing PUCT Staff in multiple generation certificate of convenience and necessity cases
- Managed attorneys and legal teams representing PUCT Staff in numerous contested electric, water, and sewer utility rate cases and certificate of convenience and necessity cases before SOAH and the PUCT
- Litigated multiple rate cases involving electric utilities, gas utilities, and water and sewer utilities