Sarah Christian is a member of Winstead’s Finance & Lending Practice Group. Sarah represents private and public sector clients in complex financing transactions involving the use of bond issuances and secured loan agreements to finance real estate development, solar and other green energy projects, utility projects, education projects, healthcare projects, hospitality projects and other infrastructure and development. Sarah’s practice also includes banking and finance transactions involving warehouse, term loan, revolving loan, asset-based lending, acquisition finance, and related financing transactions, with an emphasis on green loans and green bonds.
Sarah also has experience in tax credit monetization transactions including state and federal historic tax credits, investment tax credits, low income housing tax credits, and she has represented clients in connection with the formation and administration of specialty state tax credit programs. In addition, she focuses on property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing, and other public-private partnership financing transactions and represents end users and non-dealer counterparties in a wide variety of derivatives transactions.
- Represented leading commercial PACE financier in connection with $120 million green loan warehouse facility
- Represented green energy specialty finance provider in placement of $450 million in green investments with institutional investors
- Counsel to solar-energy focused PACE financier in development and deployment of loan funds
- Counsel to purchaser of $28 million Colorado metro district bonds
- Represented community development entity in formation and deployment of new market tax credit funds
- Counsel to energy, retail and technology clients in connection with programmatic derivatives structures
- Represented property owners in connection with solar farm lease transactions
- Represented residential real estate developer in placement of $90 million of its senior secured notes