Roy Richter is a member of Winstead's Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Roy’s practice encompasses general corporate and securities representation and business counseling of public and private corporations, and other entities in connection with mergers and acquisitions, private and public debt and equity securities offerings, purchase and sale of assets, and other financing related transactions.
Prior to joining Winstead, Roy worked as an attorney and landman for a private oil and gas company.
While attending Emory University School of Law, Roy worked as a Summer Clerk for the Honorable Rives Kistler, Oregon Supreme Court.
- Counsel public company clients on Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reporting and compliance
- Advise clients on structuring business ventures to comply with clients’ debt instruments
- Advise corporate clients on state corporation laws pertaining to corporate governance and fiduciary duties
- Draft Master Service Agreements for companies in the oil and gas sector
- Represented NYSE-listed oil and gas company in $300 million convertible notes offering
- Represented private oil and gas company in sale of producing oil & gas fields