Robert McCormick is a member of Winstead's Corporate, Securities/M&A Practice Group. Robert's practice focuses on complex mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations; real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing; general business counseling and strategic planning; and secured, mortgage and specialty financing.
Robert represents a broad range of clients from start-up companies and entrepreneurs to private equity funds to publicly traded corporations. He advises clients on a wide variety of matters including acquisition, disposition and financing of both privately held and publicly traded businesses, hotel and recreational properties, office buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, grocery stores and other commercial and retail developments.
- Regularly represents clients in stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions and with corporate reorganizations such as mergers, spin-offs, recapitalizations, restructurings and other combinations.
- Represented national hotel company in negotiation of joint venture for development of $550 million hotel development project.
- Represented private company in acquisition of residential substance abuse treatment company for $70 million.
- Represented Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a privately-held company in connection with loan workout and recapitalization.
- Represented management group in sale of $323 million privately-held company and partial rollover of management group’s equity in the acquired company.
- Represented borrower in connection with $250 million senior secured credit facility, including amendments necessitated by follow-on reorganization of borrower’s ownership structure and addition of collateral due to subsequent acquisition.
- Represented a leading, integrated midstream company in negotiation of 157,500 sq. ft. commercial office lease for its new headquarters in One Arts Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
- Represented owner of commercial office building in Arlington, Texas in workout of defaulted loan and short sale to third party purchaser in lieu of foreclosure.
- Represented sellers in stock sale of heavy manufacturing business for $75 million.
- Represented founders in reorganization and sale of 70% interest in oilfield equipment business and negotiations with private equity investor.
- Represented local event production company in connection with organizing and producing 2014 NCAA Men’s Final Four Basketball Championship held in Dallas, Texas
- Represented tenant in expansion, extension, and amendment of 37,700 sq. ft. commercial office lease for its headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented founders in organization of newly-formed auto finance company and negotiations with private equity investor/joint venture partner.
- Represented auto finance company in acquisition of portfolio of auto loan receivables.
- Represented the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee, a Texas non-profit corporation, handling a variety of issues related to Super Bowl XLV played in Dallas, Texas, in February 2011, including hospitality, sponsorship, and publicity programs; strategic partnerships with key service providers; pre-game concert series and other public events; and volunteer, diversity and community outreach initiatives.
- Represented closely held chemical company in sale of assets and liquidation of company in settlement of shareholder derivative litigation.
- Represented national hotel company in corporate and tax restructuring, including creation and sale of 18 separate subsidiary REITs.
- Represented private investment fund in acquisition of all outstanding shares of an AMEX-traded hotel company in $270 million going-private transaction.
- Represented a direct sales company specializing in decorating accessories in connection with restructuring, bankruptcy, and eventual liquidation.
- Represented private investment fund in reorganization and separation of two regional grocery store chains.
- Representing private investment fund in sale of all operational assets (other than real estate) of privately-held restaurant company through asset sale for $20 million.
- Representing private investment fund in acquisition of all outstanding shares of a Nasdaq-traded restaurant company, for $615 million through merger and going-private transaction.
- Represented private investment fund in acquisition of all outstanding membership interests of a grocery store company, for $660 million through stock purchase.
- Represented private investment fund in sale of all outstanding shares of privately held restaurant company through merger transaction for $142 million.
- Represented private investment fund in reorganization and separation of two regional restaurant chains valued at $175 million.
- Represented related sellers in sales of seven commercial office buildings for $113 million.
- Represented publicly traded hospitality company in vertical subdivision of two hotel properties and sale of attached parking garages to third party operators.
- Represented private investment fund in acquisition of all outstanding shares of a NYSE-traded restaurant company, for $225 million through merger and going-private transaction.
- Represented publicly traded hotel REITs and private investment funds in purchases and sales of over 60 branded hotels in numerous states from 1995 to present, including all associated joint venture agreements and bank financing.
- Represented various borrowers in connection with senior credit facilities (including term, ABL, and revolving loans) and collateralized mortgage loans (including CMBS loans) totaling over $2.0 billion from 1997 to present, including various post-securitization amendments, collateral substitutions, and defeasances.