Rick Franklin is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Finance, Default Resolution & Servicing Practice Group. He has experience representing conduit lenders in multiple CMBS loan origination deals (including permanent and mezzanine financing) secured by fee simple and leasehold estates in multifamily, commercial and industrial properties. Rick also has experience with special servicing workouts, including loan assumptions, non-judicial foreclosures, note sales and forbearance/workout agreements. He also has extensive experience representing real estate developers with the acquisition of raw land, development and disposition of retail, office and commercial properties.
Prior to attending law school, Rick served six years in the United States Marine Corps infantry. His deployments included WESTPAC assignment on the USS Peleliu; Desert Shield/Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and domestic assignment quelling the 1992 riots in Los Angeles.
- Representation of owners in private disposition of equity interests in real estate ventures
- Representation of seller in the acquisition, development and subsequent disposition of shopping center
- Representation of trustees in acquisition and disposition of real property assets from trusts
- Representation of sellers in disposition of multifamily projects nationwide
- Representation of grocery chain in disposition of 700 stand-alone pharmacy stores
- Representation of institutional investor providing equity to joint ventures formed to acquire, finance and operate hospitality portfolios
- Representation of borrower in origination of a $200 million dollar loan to acquire a hospitality portfolio
- Representation of borrower in $18 million construction loan for hotel