Peter Strenkowski is a member of Winstead's Business Litigation Practice Group. He has represented clients in trials and appeals in both federal and state court in a variety of contract and tort litigation matters. Peter represents clients as both plaintiffs and defendants and focuses in the areas of contract disputes, construction litigation, real estate and insurance coverage matters. His experience also includes the representation of clients in banking and securities matters, director and officer liability, and derivative shareholder disputes. Outside of the courtroom, Peter counsels his clients in their day-to-day business, including contract negotiations, employment matters, and guidance on a variety insurance matters to ensure their businesses are adequately protected against the risks they face.
- Tried complex commercial contract case and obtained and collected $1M judgment for client against global corporation (published in Texas Lawyer’s Top Verdicts of 2014).
- Obtained judgment of $950,000 against national construction company.
- Obtained multiple summary judgments on behalf of insurance carriers and adjusters against lawsuits alleging breach of contract, bad faith, and statutory violations.
- Obtained summary judgment on $30M insurance coverage oilfield blowout case.
- Appellate experience on various insurance and business litigation matters.
- Representation also includes defending complex business interruption claims, appraisal issues, theft, arson, and vandalism claims, and providing coverage opinions on a variety of first and third party insurance issues.