Mimi Yu is a member of Winstead’s Corporate, Commercial Transactions & Outsourcing Practice Group. Mimi is involved in negotiating commercial transactions in areas such as procurement, distribution, technology and intellectual property transfer, licensing, outsourcing of business processes (e.g. IT, customer service, accounting), professional services and other similar commercial transactions for companies in a wide range of industries, including but not limited to transportation, technology, energy, hospitality and supply chain companies.
Prior to joining Winstead, Mimi’s practice focused on drafting agreements related to the development and commercialization of technology. Mimi also has experience in mergers and acquisitions and intellectual property litigation.
- Represented educational testing and research company in drafting and negotiation of services agreement with a IT security services provider
- Represented energy company in drafting of joint development agreement for certain drilling platform technologies
- Represented chamber of commerce in drafting and negotiating consulting agreement for software development services
- Represented consumer goods company in drafting intellectual property assignment and technology license as part of divestiture of certain brands
- Represented educational testing and research company in drafting collaboration agreements with academic institutions for joint research, development and/or implementation of various programs
- Advised educational testing and research company in preparing responses to various government agency RFPs for development of assessments and learning solutions
- Represented leading software company in multiple acquisitions such as acquisitions of a customer identity and access management solutions provider, a travel search provider, an internet of things solution platform and a Big Data-as-a-Service startup, including drafting and negotiation of purchase agreements and disclosure schedules, drafting associated intellectual property assignments, analyzing open source software issues and/or conducting diligence of IP assets and commercial contracts
- Represented technology startup in drafting invention assignment agreement related to software development services and data consent forms for research participants
- Represented automotive manufacturer in successful institution of multiple inter partes review petitions on telematics patents and in obtaining dismissal of all claims in three patent infringement actions brought in the Eastern District of Texas
- Tried (as second chair) and won an international child abduction case under the Hague Convention in the Northern District of Texas, resulting in successful reunification of the mother and abducted child
- Partnered with Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County in defense of domestic violence victim in connection with a Hague Convention case
- Represented minor in obtaining dismissal of criminal misdemeanor charges