Marni Zarin is a shareholder in the firm’s Houston office where she represents real estate developers (commercial, retail, and multi-family), owners, lenders, and energy companies in all aspects of commercial real estate development, construction, and financing, including negotiating and drafting financing documents, purchase and sale agreements, real property leases, and construction contracts. She also conducts and supervises complex due diligence reviews and works to identify and allocate risks.
Prior to practicing law, Marni was an architectural designer.
- Development of new hotel and garage to be constructed in connection with the George R. Brown Convention Center on behalf of the City of Houston’s real estate holding corporation.
- Joint venture, development and management of master-planned community in the Katy, Texas area.
- Acquisition and development of senior living facilities within the Houston, Texas area.
- Development and construction of projects on behalf of oil & gas companies, energy companies, including pipeline, railroads & shipping dock terminals.
- Disposition of prominent mixed-use retail and office development in downtown Houston, Texas on behalf of receiver.
- Development and construction of projects (including subscription and portfolio financing) of office buildings and office portfolios (ranging in price from $20 million to $375 million), including negotiation of purchase agreements and credit agreements, lease and title/survey reviews, drafting and closings.
- Redevelopment of site in Central Business District of Washington, D.C. to include two office buildings, two apartment buildings, two residential condominium buildings, a hotel and retail space, including drafting of lease with major office tenant, development agreements, management agreements, reciprocal easement agreements and equity investor documents.
- Leasing of retail space and land within shopping centers, including leasing transactions with national retailers, and leasing of space within office buildings in the Houston, Texas, Central Business District and the Central Business District of Washington, D.C.
- Acquisition, development, and financing of pipeline projects, including the review of easements, rights of ways, permits, licenses and alignment sheets.