Jim Lloyd is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group and regularly advises U.S. and international clients on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions and financings. Jim negotiates real estate purchase and sale agreements, joint venture transactional and documentation for land, office, retail, multifamily, industrial and mixed-use developments and properties. He also regularly advises landlords and tenants on leases, workouts, evictions and remedies. Jim also represents lenders and borrowers in all aspects of real estate finance, including acquisition, construction, subscription, mezzanine and permanent loans. His extensive experience in distressed assets includes debt and equity workouts, foreclosures, receiverships and REO property sales.
- Advised a national real estate company regarding the structure and formation of a joint venture holding a portfolio of properties in several states and related financing.
- Advised a national real estate investor regarding closed bidding process, negotiating purchase documents and financing for the redevelopment of an office project in the Central Business District of Houston.
- Represented the seller in a $1.1 billion transaction involving a portfolio of office properties in Houston and Fort Worth, Texas.
- Advised a national real estate company regarding acquisition of majority membership interest in a real estate holding company and related entity restructuring and organizational diligence.
- Advised a national real estate investor regarding formation of a joint venture and represented the investor in the acquisition, development and financing of a mixed-use office/retail project in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a real estate investment company in a series of acquisitions of commercial and light-industrial properties in the greater Houston metropolitan area, including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, due to diligence review and related financings.
- Represented a real estate company in the sale of a portfolio of fourteen (14) retail properties located in California, Florida, Colorado, Arizona and Illinois.
- Represented commercial broadcasting companies in the sale and purchase of station and tower real property assets and related leases in Texas, California and Indiana.
- Represented resort owner for a $150 million securitized loan secured by properties in two states.
- Represented real estate company in the sale of its partnership interests in special purpose entities owning a multi-building, mixed-use complex in Houston.
- Represented international life insurance company for a $305 million loan secured by Class A office/hotel/retail development located in Dallas.
- Represented international life insurance company for a $200 million loan secured by Class A office complex in the Central Business District of Houston.
- Represented national bank for its branch ground leasing and retail leasing for over forty (40) locations throughout Texas.
- Represented a national developer in the negotiation, due diligence, and closing activities to acquire a portfolio of nine properties located throughout the United States leased to a major drugstore chain.
- Represented publicly traded multifamily REIT in the negotiation, due diligence, land use approvals and closing activities for a multifamily development in Broomfield, Colorado.
- Represented national bank in the negotiation and sale of REO multifamily properties in Austin and Houston, Texas.
- Represented a national REIT in the joint-venture acquisition of a portfolio of seven retail centers totaling 1,259,000 square feet located in Florida.
- Represented major natural gas, crude and NGL pipeline operator to negotiate and close pipeline easements and related agreements for approximately 1,400 mile NGL pipeline system across South Texas.
- Advising international company regarding Texas real estate issues related to a joint venture project to purchase land and construct a major pipeline manufacturing facility in Houston.
- Represented major energy and natural gas utility in the purchase and development of property for a new natural gas distribution facility in Houston.