Jennifer Kukla is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Finance, Default Resolution & Servicing Practice Group. She represents investment banks, commercial banks, life insurance companies and other institutional lenders in all aspects of complex commercial real estate finance transactions, including the origination of commercial mortgage loans intended for securitization or other sale in the secondary market (CMBS). She has extensive experience with mortgage loan origination, including multiborrower, multiproperty and multistate financings, tenants-in-common borrowing structures, affordable housing, cash management, construction, bridge, mezzanine and subordinate debt and ground leases.
- Represents lenders in the financing of multifamily properties through the Fannie Mae Delegated Underwriting & Servicing product line and the Freddie Mac Seller-Servicer program
- Workouts, restructurings and acquisition of performing and non-performing loans and assets
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate assets, foreclosures, deed-in-lieu transactions, discounted payoffs and REO sales
- Represents clients in all assets classes, including retail, office, hospitality, multifamily, self-storage, mixed-use, mobile home parks and industrial properties
- Represents both lenders and borrowers in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of both secured and unsecured commercial financing transactions including syndicated financings, project finance, bridge and subscription line loans
- Negotiated and drafted office, retail and industrial space leases, property management agreements, access agreements, ground leases, easements and rooftop and cell tower arrangements