As member of Winstead’s Corporate, Securities/M&A Practice Group, Jacob works with public and private companies in the negotiation of buy and sell-side M&A transactions, new venture formation, private equity and debt financing, securities compliance, and day-to-day legal needs.
In addition, Jacob leverages his public policy background to support healthcare companies, insurance providers, and emerging technology ventures in identifying regulatory issues and crafting responses to inquiries by state and federal regulators.
During his time at The University of Texas School of Law, Jacob served as law clerk for the Honorable Jan Soifer, 345th Texas District Court in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a behavioral health company in its sale of equity to a national healthcare conglomerate.
- Represented a defense technology startup in its sale of equity to a strategic buyer.
- Represented minority equity holders of affiliated healthcare joint ventures in an asset sale to a private equity backed buyer.
- Represented urgent care chain strategically reorganize its assets in conjunction with the sale of the company’s assets to a private equity backed health care firm
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a specialty supply chain management software company.
- Advised medical testing company on local and state regulations in conjunction with expansion plan.