Drew is a member of Winstead's Public Finance Practice Group. Drew’s practice focuses on the use of special districts (public improvement districts, tax increment reinvestment zones, municipal utility districts, municipal management districts and the like) and development incentives (380 Agreements) as tools for the development of master planned residential and mixed use communities. She has experience representing issuers, underwriters, and developers in municipal bond and economic development transactions for governmental capital projects, residential real estate development, utility projects, education projects and healthcare projects.
Drew’s experience ranges from traditional general obligation bonds to development bonds, with a particular emphasis on complex special high-yield revenue monetization tools. She frequently represents underwriters in municipal bond public offerings, and counsels on securities law disclosure issues, and MSRB and SEC rules.
Drew also has experience negotiating and implementing economic development incentive packages with state and local governments for companies that are relocating or expanding.
- Bond Counsel on over $3 billion worth of capital financing
- Represented cities in multiple phases of financing and development of residential and commercial real estate projects through special district assessment-backed bonds
- Represented real estate developers for special districts utilized as development financing vehicles
- Served as underwriter’s counsel in first-of-its-kind monetization of tax increment/TIF incentives
- Disclosure counsel to cities and special districts
- Represented secondary purchasers of assessment-backed reimbursement agreements
- Represented north Texas city in the issuance and development of subordinate lien commercial paper program
- Represented Korean auto manufacturer and suppliers in financing and negotiating incentives for major manufacturing plant headquarters located in Georgia
- Counsel to trustees on multi-family residential housing developments, charter school financings, and other conduit financing transactions