Cheryl Cain Crabbe
Cheryl practices in the Wealth Preservation Practice Group from Winstead's offices in Houston. Cheryl's practice focuses on tax-sensitive estate planning, estate administration, trust administration, and family wealth transfer for business executives, professionals, closely-held business owners, and other high net worth individuals and their families. She provides strategic, insightful and innovative counsel to private clients and fiduciaries on the full range of legal matters involving wealth preservation and transfer, including minimization of gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxation, business succession planning, asset protection planning, pre- and post-marital property planning, charitable planning, trust, modifications and fiduciary succession, and resolution of family wealth transfer issues. Each client, family, trust, and estate is unique. Cheryl and the other attorneys in the Wealth Preservation Practice Group are committed to providing customized, sophisticated and objective legal services to meet each individual clients' needs.
- Design and implement estate plans to meet the family and philanthropic goals of clients in an income, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax efficient manner.
- Assist business owners and their families with succession plans to transfer ownership and management of family enterprises in a tax-efficient manner.
- Assist clients in shifting new investment opportunities in businesses, real estate, or other potentially appreciating assets to trusts or entities for their children and other family members in a manner designed to build overall family net worth, laterally, rather than solely in the senior family member's generation in a tax-efficient manner.
- Design and implement sophisticated wealth-shifting techniques, leveraging tax exclusions and exemptions and positioning assets for potential discounts in planning transactions, including business succession plans, family limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts, life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and installment sales of partnership interests to grantor trusts.
- Represent and counsel trust and estate beneficiaries and fiduciaries (trustees and executors) in a full range of legal services regarding the administration, distribution, funding, tax reporting, beneficial interests, and fiduciary responsibilities involving estates and trusts.
- Provide counsel to high net worth individuals regarding asset protection planning, pre- and post-marital agreements, and marital property liability issues.