Chad Stoker is a member of Winstead's Construction Practice Group. Prior to joining Winstead, his background was deeply rooted in defense industry. Chad served as Division Security Manager for a worldwide contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions where he was responsible for national security regulatory compliance. In addition to his service in the United States Air Force he served in several national security compliance and leadership roles for the Department of Defense, Defense Security Service.
Chad’s experience in the business world informs his counsel and allows him to advise in ways that are relevant to both business professionals and attorneys. Chad represents real estate owners, developers, tenants, and contractors in negotiating complex design and construction agreements and resolving disputes.
- Prepare/negotiate design-and construction-related contracts for multiple industrial, commercial, residential, hotel, and self-storage projects located in multiple major metropolitan areas for large national private equity real estate development firm, including:
- Multiple design-build, construction, architect, and engineer agreements for more than fifty industrial projects with construction costs up to $45M each in multiple states including Texas, California, New York, New Jersey, Tennessee, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, Oregon and Washington.
- Multiple self-storage projects with construction costs up to $25M in many states, including Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Washington, and South Carolina.
- Multiple tenant finish and remodel projects in multiple states, including high-end office tenant finish projects with some of the highest rents in a top-ten major metropolitan area.
- Counsel large national private equity real estate development firm in the establishment of risk management strategies in design and construction phases for their development of nation-wide industrial projects.
- Prepare/negotiate architect agreement for real estate development client for a mixed-use, high-end, high rise project in Dallas, Texas with construction costs of approximately $70M.
- Prepared suite of more than ten template design- and construction-contracts for large private equity real estate development firm to accommodate a variety of projects involving multiple product types and delivery methods, including AIA, EJCDC, and manuscript form contracts.
- Prepare/negotiate architect, engineer, and construction agreements for real estate development client for the design and construction of a medical office building project in Denver, Colorado with a construction cost of over $25M.
- Prepare/negotiate architect, engineer, and construction management agreements for the design and construction of a medical office building in Austin, Texas with construction costs of over $20M.
- Prepare/negotiate architect, engineer, design-build, and construction agreements for multiple new build and remodel projects of various sizes and complexity for several hospital clients in Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
- Prepared suite of template design- and construction-contracts for major non-profit hospital system for use in the design and construction of multiple new build and remodel projects in Texas, Louisiana and New Mexico.
- Prepare/negotiate architect agreement and construction contract for remodel in a major venue for professional basketball team in a top five market location.